Olivier Jamin provides legal advice to clients on environmental, energy, land use, and litigation matters. He makes sense of complex regulatory and legal permitting processes for his clients, working with them to identify a practical and sensical path to smart business decisions with minimal environmental impacts.
Olivier is passionate about water, environmental, and climate policy. He applies that passion to partner with clients in order to implement innovative practices that promote water conservation, energy efficiency, and good waste management practices. He is a trusted advisor when it comes to due diligence for complex real estate and energy transactions.
Water infrastructure agreements and water sharing agreements
In a world increasingly impacted by drought and water scarcity, Olivier crafts water infrastructure agreements between private and public entities to modernize water infrastructure and maximize efficient use of an essential resource. He also works with private landowners to enter into practical water sharing agreements and secure adequate water supplies for his clients.
Emerging climate issues
Olivier keeps track of state and federal policy developments dealing with climate change to highlight new compliance processes for his clients and opportunities.
Environmental remediation and litigation
Olivier works on contaminated sites to investigate and delineate legacy contamination and implement remediation measures to ensure protection of human health and the environment. He represents clients in litigation associated with the Portland Harbor Superfund Site, the largest in the country, and works with clients and consultants to assess legacy liability associated with current and former sites.
Admitted to Practice
LL.M., Environment, Natural Resources & Energy, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2018
J.D., Lewis & Clark Law School, 2017, magna cum laude
B.A., Political Science, Gonzaga University, 2013
License of Law (French), University of Montesquieu-Bordeaux IV, 2011, with honors
Memberships & Affiliations
- Board Member, Classroom Law Project
- Board Member, National Water Law Forum
- Oregon Water Resources Congress
- Associates Committee, Campaign for Equal Justice
- YLS Pro Bono Committee, Multnomah Bar Association
- Climate Network, Davis Wright Tremaine
- Hiring Committee, Portland Office, Davis Wright Tremaine
- Sustainability Committee, Davis Wright Tremaine
- Listed among "Associates to Watch" by Chambers USA in Real Estate (Washington), 2023
- Selected to a list of "Ones to Watch" in Energy Law (Portland) by Best Lawyers, 2024; in Environmental Law, 2024; in Natural Resources Law, 2024
- Young Lawyers Section Award of Merit, Multnomah Bar Association, 2022
- Advancing Diversity Award, New Lawyers Division, Oregon State Bar, 2020