Jay Jimenez uses his firsthand experience as in-house counsel for major entertainment production companies to help content creators plan for, and solve, complex legal issues that may arise. As part of his practice, Jay drafts, reviews, and negotiates production contracts, including above-the-line talent agreements and below-the-line physical production agreements. His legal experience in the entertainment industry includes analyzing contractual provisions, advising senior management on legal risks and rights-related issues, and formulating practical solutions to overcome these potential obstacles and bring projects to life.
Content and production risk
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2017
- Co-Editor-in-Chief, Hastings Communications and Entertainment Law Journal
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Startup Legal Garage: Tech
B.A., Sociology, University of California, Berkeley, 2013
- Rafer Johnson National Achievement Award
- UC Berkeley Boxing Team
- Associate Counsel, Legal Affairs, Universal Pictures, Universal City, Calif., 2019-2020
- Senior Contracts Specialist, 2019; Contracts Specialist, 2017-2019 – NBCUniversal Media LLC, Universal City, Calif.
- Student Associate, Startup Legal Garage Clinic, UC Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, 2016-2017
- Legal and Regulatory Affairs Intern, Ultimate Fighting Championship, Las Vegas, 2016
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Stuart Hing, Superior Court of California, Alameda County, Calif., 2015