Wendy Kearns began work in the technology industry in Silicon Valley as a software developer, software product manager, and a business development manager, and proceeded directly to law school without a college degree. She focuses on technology transactions and helps clients structure and negotiate complex agreements in a variety of technologies including cloud, internet of things, artificial intelligence, technology, media, advertising, video games, data licensing, and other software and hardware related technology fields. Based on her experience in business development, Wendy counsels companies on how to get transactions completed efficiently and effectively to grow and maintain their businesses. Outside of deal work, Wendy helps companies launch new products and features by analyzing legal issues in product development and commercialization. She helps regulated industries bridge knowledge and operational gaps when one party is regulated and the other is not.
Wendy co-chairs DWT's national technology, communications, privacy and security practice and is a frequent speaker at legal technology industry events.
Cloud services agreements
FinTech across the spectrum
Licensing and data transactions
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, 1999
- Dean’s List
- Managing Editor, High Tech Law Journal
Memberships & Affiliations
- Executive Committee, Davis Wright Tremaine
- Board Member; Treasurer, Vashon Center for the Arts, 2018-2020
- Washington State Advisory Committee, Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) 2015-present
- Volunteer, Northwest Immigrant Rights Project, 2004-2012
- Volunteer Advocates for Immigrant Justice/KIND, 2004-2014
- Board Member and volunteer positions, Vashon Seals Swim Team, 2010-2014
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Technology Law by Best Lawyers, 2021-present
- Received the "H. Stewart Tremaine Teamwork & Collegiality Award," Davis Wright Tremaine, 2019
- Selected to "Washington Rising Stars" in Intellectual Property, Thomson Reuters, 2005-2012
- Law Firm Excellence Award for Outstanding Outside Counsel, Microsoft Corporation, 2010
- Managing Member, Snodgrass & Kearns, PLLC, Seattle, 2007-2013
- Attorney, Heller Ehrman, LLP, Seattle, 2005-2007
- Attorney, 2003-2005; Business Development Manager for Windows kernel, 2002-2003 – Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, Wash.
- Attorney, Venture Law Group, Menlo Park, Calif., 1998-2002