Wendy Kearns began work in the technology industry in Silicon Valley as a software developer, software product manager, and a business development manager, and proceeded directly to law school without a college degree. She focuses on technology transactions and helps clients structure and negotiate complex agreements in cloud, internet of things, artificial intelligence, technology, FinTech, advertising, video games, data licensing, and other software and hardware related technology fields. Based on her experience in business development, Wendy counsels companies on how to get transactions completed efficiently and effectively to grow their businesses. Outside of deal work, Wendy helps companies launch new products and features by analyzing legal issues in product development and commercialization. She further advises financial services companies, large and small, on legal issues involving emerging payment systems, technology transactions, data aggregation, and related intellectual property issues. She helps FinTech companies bridge knowledge and operational gaps when one party is regulated and the other is not.
Wendy co-chairs DWT’s national Technology and Privacy & Security group and is a frequent speaker at cloud and financial services industry events.
Cloud services agreements
FinTech across the spectrum
Licensing and data transactions
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, 1999
- Dean’s List
- Managing Editor, High Tech Law Journal
Memberships & Affiliations
- Board Member; Treasurer, Vashon Center for the Arts, 2018-present
- Washington State Advisory Committee, Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) 2015-present
- Volunteer, Northwest Immigrant Rights Project, 2004-2012
- Volunteer Advocates for Immigrant Justice/KIND, 2004-2014
- Board Member and volunteer positions, Vashon Seals Swim Team, 2010-2014
- Selected to “Washington Rising Stars” in Intellectual Property, Thomson Reuters, 2005-2012
- Law Firm Excellence Award for Outstanding Outside Counsel, Microsoft Corporation, 2010
- Managing Member, Snodgrass & Kearns, PLLC, Seattle, 2007-2013
- Attorney, Heller Ehrman, LLP, Seattle, 2005-2007
- Attorney, 2003-2005; Business Development Manager for Windows kernel, 2002-2003 – Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, Wash.
- Attorney, Venture Law Group, Menlo Park, Calif., 1998-2002