Monder "Mike" Khoury
Monder "Mike" Khoury helps clients navigate through and resolve difficult legal challenges. Having worked with more than 20 judges before joining DWT, Mike is guided by principles the judges instilled in him to effectively and zealously advocate for his clients. Mike's experience includes externing for a federal judge, as well as clerking at the Superior Court of California.
As a trial-experienced lawyer, Mike focuses his practice on commercial litigation and technology-related disputes, including contract and business disputes, antitrust and unfair competition, privacy and data breaches, and class actions. Mike also has experience litigating and advising on intellectual property issues and defending companies in employment-related disputes such as employee classification, retaliation, and discrimination. Mike's clients have ranged from Fortune 5 companies, fintechs, financial institutions, technology companies, to medical organizations. He spent over a year on a part-time secondment to a fintech unicorn where he worked on a wide variety of legal matters including litigation and legal operations, and helped develop various policies and procedures in a high-growth startup environment.
Mike's trial experience includes serving as a second-chair in a federal jury trial, and as a first-chair and second-chair in arbitrations. Mike has also assisted in various trials, including a 3-week jury trial in San Francisco.
Beyond commercial litigation, Mike represents clients in government investigations, and in responding to subpoenas and requests for information from governmental and law enforcement agencies, including the Department of Justice, the Federal Trade Commission, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, and attorneys general of various states.
Fintech and Financial Services
Admitted to Practice
U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2019
U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2018
U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2019
U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2017
U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2019
J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2016
- Pro Bono Society
- Class President
- Senior Development Editor, Hastings Law Journal, 2015-2016
- President, Middle Eastern Law Students Association, 2014-2015
- Teaching Assistant, Moot Court; Legal Research and Writing
B.S., San José State University, 2012, summa cum laude
- Dean's Scholar
- Undergraduate Paper of the Year Award (Justice Studies)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Davis Wright Tremaine San Francisco DEI Committee, Member (2021-present)
- Davis Wright Tremaine Associates DEI Committee, Member (2021-present)
- Intellectual Property and Internet Law Section, Member
- International Association of Privacy Professionals, Member (Former); IAPP CIPP/US (Former)
- Selected to "Northern California Rising Stars" in Business Litigation Law, Thomson Reuters, 2022
- Intellectual Property Associate Attorney, Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani LLP, San Francisco, 2017-2018
- Legal Research Attorney (Judicial Law Clerk), Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco, San Francisco, 2016-2017
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Jacqueline S. Corley, United States District Court, Northern District of California, San Francisco, 2016