Desktop Image: Klobucher, Richard A.
Mobile Image: Klobucher, Richard A.
Richard A. Klobucher
Rick Klobucher advises clients on issues related to trusts and estates, both with respect to planning for transfer of estates to family members during lifetime and at death, and in the administration of estates and trusts.
- Comprehensive and estate tax planning: Advised and implemented planning to fully utilize available tax exemptions, using both wills or living trust formats, and to fully utilize available gift tax exemptions
- Dynasty trust planning: Advised and implemented generational trust planning to utilize available generation-skipping tax exemptions for long-term family trust planning
- Other estate tax planning: Advised and implemented irrevocable life insurance trusts as estate tax strategy and dynasty trust strategy
- Family business and estate transfer: Advised and implemented tax strategies to transfer family assets effectively via intentionally defective grantor trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, and grantor retained annuity trusts
- IRS Private Letter Ruling 9133017: Obtained IRS approval to reform defective qualified Subchapter S Trust to preserve Subchapter S status for family corporation
- Charitable planning: Advised clients on charitable planning including use of charitable remainder trusts and charitable lead trusts
- Estate settlements: Advised executors and trustees in estate tax settlements and disputes, including estate and gift tax audit settlements
- Private foundation planning: Created private foundations to receive family assets for specific charitable purposes under family management
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Stanford Law School, 1975
- Stanford Law Review
- Order of the Coif
B.A., Economics, Whitman College, 1969, magna cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
Memberships & Affiliations
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Sections; Trust Tax Force – Washington State Bar Association
- Seattle Estate Planning Council
- East King County Estate Planning Council
- Bellevue Breakfast Rotary
- Named as one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Trusts & Estates Law by Best Lawyers, 1991-present
- Selected to “Washington Super Lawyers," Thomson Reuters, 2003-2019
- Named as a "2010 FIVE STAR Wealth Manager," Seattle Magazine, April 2010, April 2011
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.