Hope R. Levy-Biehl is a member of the firm's healthcare practice group where she helps healthcare providers and suppliers navigate regulatory compliance, licensure and certification, payment, enrollment, and operational issues. Hope works with hospitals, laboratories, pharmacies, and other providers and suppliers, managing day-to-day operations and addressing the corresponding legal issues that arise.
Her experience includes analyzing and evaluating due diligence findings, and structuring business transactions to address the myriad compliance challenges faced by healthcare providers while minimizing delays or interruptions in operations or payment. Hope has handled complex Medicare disputes before the Provider Reimbursement Review Board and proactively advises clients on a wide range of healthcare payment and fraud and abuse matters.
Hope frequently advises clients on state and federal requirements governing the protection, privacy, and security of health information. She performs initial assessments and develops compliance and training programs and strategies for healthcare providers. She regularly assists clients in investigating and analyzing potential breach events, developing and implementing mitigation strategies, and complying with applicable reporting requirements.
She has also become a "go-to" practitioner for businesses looking to understand their obligations in developing compliance strategies that address new legal and regulatory requirements.
Lead regulatory counsel to Verity Health System of California
Advice on cutting-edge regulatory and legal developments
Counsel and advice to hospitals
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, 1998
B.A., Communication Studies, University of California, Los Angeles, 1995, cum laude
- Named as one of the "Best Lawyers in America" by Best Lawyers, 2017, 2019
- Selected to "Southern California Super Lawyers" in Health Care, Thompson Reuters, 2020
- Selected to "Southern California Rising Stars" in Health Care, Thomson Reuters, 2006-2012
- Recognized as a "Hospital licensing and regulatory specialist, The Legal 500
- Partner, 2018-2019; Regulatory Department Chair, 2018-2019, Nelson Hardiman LLP, Los Angeles
- Partner, 1998-2018; Regulatory Department Chair, 2015-2018; HIPAA Compliance Committee Chair; Hooper, Lundy and Bookman PC, Los Angeles
- Adjunct Professor, LMU Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, 2009, 2014