Kelly Logue focuses on credit card and other payment systems transactions, as well as on film finance. With respect to cards and payments, Kelly represents financial institutions in the negotiation and documentation of private label, co-branded, and related types of agreements in a wide range of industry segments. He also counsels financial institutions in the acquisition and sale of account portfolios and other financial assets. With respect to film finance, Kelly represents studios, distributors, banks and other investors, completion guarantors, and producers in a wide variety of film and television finance related transactions.
Credit Card and Payment Systems Transactions
- Retail Credit Card Programs: Many consumer and business private-label credit card and co-branded bankcard program agreements, with global online retailers, national home-improvement retailers, global oil companies, online travel distributors, and other types of retailers
- Airline Program Agreements: Many co-branded bankcard program agreements with global and national airlines
- Agreements with digital wallet operators
- Agreements for the purchase or sale of card portfolios and related assets
- Agreements with payment networks
- Merchant acquiring/processing agreements and related marketing agreements
- Agreements relating to financial-institution loyalty programs
Film and Television Finance and Licensing
- Agreements on behalf of major motion picture studio to acquire rights to motion picture slates, multiple motion pictures on an output basis, and on a single picture basis to a wide variety of film and television product.
- Agreements on behalf of financial institutions in connection with a wide variety of single and multiple picture motion picture financing transactions.
- Agreements on behalf of completion bond companies and producers with respect to film and television financings.
Other Financial Transactions
- Represented state agency on a $95 million loan transaction made in connection with financing of sale of power plant.
- Represented banks and borrowers in various financing transactions.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., New York University School of Law, 2000
B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, 1996, with honors
- Named as one of “America’s Leading Lawyers for Business” in Media & Entertainment: Transactional (California) by Chambers USA, 2013, 2014
- Associate, Morrison & Foerster LLP, Banking and Financial Services Group, 2000-2005