Desktop Image: Lyon, Jesse
Mobile Image: Lyon, Jesse
Jesse's No Dabbler Details
Hometown: Latah, Wash.
What’s your sweet spot as it relates to this industry?
Strategic counsel and transactions (M&A, joint ventures and supply chain).
What was your favorite food as a kid?
Mom’s chocolate chip cookies.
If you couldn’t be a lawyer, what would you be?
CEO, horticulturalist or Little League batting coach.
Why is food/bev/ag your chosen industry?
Born and raised, studied and worked in food and ag before becoming a lawyer.
What book or song inspires you the most, and why?
The Eagles, "Take It to the Limit."
What is your favorite quote?
"You can spend all your time making money, you can spend all your love making time. If it all fell to pieces tomorrow, will you still be mine?" (See favorite song).
What is your favorite food travel destination, and why?
Port de la Selva, Spain (Fideua).
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Our one-room cabin in the forest (peace and pride of self-construction).
Admitted to Practice
J.D., George Mason University School of Law, 1998, with high honors
- Articles Editor, George Mason Law Review
- Kleinfeld Fellow of the Food and Drug Law Institute
M.S., Agricultural Economics, Purdue University, 1995
B.S., Agricultural Economics, Washington State University, 1992, cum laude
- Harry S. Truman Scholar
Memberships & Affiliations
- Founder and Host, Farm to Label, Davis Wright Tremaine event, 2013-present
- Davis Wright Tremaine Executive Committee, 2016-2019
- Davis Wright Tremaine Share Committee, 2013-2016
- Adjunct Instructor, Washington State University Carson College of Business, Wine Business Certificate, "Wine Business Law and Compliance" course, 2018-2019.
- Board of Directors, Zenger Farm, 2012-2018
- Principal Outside Counsel, Oregon Winegrowers Association
- Advisory Committee, School of Hospitality Business Management, Washington State University
- National Board of Advisors, College of Business, Washington State University
- Steering Committee, Northwest Agribusiness Executive Seminar
- Past President, Agricultural Law Section, Oregon State Bar
- Named as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" by Chambers USA in Food & Beverages: Alcohol (Nationwide), 2010-2020; Corporate/M&A (Oregon), 2011-2014, 2018-2020; Named a "Recognised Practitioner" for Corporate/M&A, 2019
- Selected to "Oregon Super Lawyers," Thomson Reuters, 2012-2019
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Mergers & Acquisitions by Best Lawyers, 2020-present
- Industry Partner Award,” Oregon Wine Industry, 2006
- Named as one of the "Forty Under 40," Portland Business Journal, 2004
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.