Missy Mordy's practice is focused on employment litigation, defending employers of all sizes against discrimination, wrongful termination, hostile work environment, retaliation, and wage and hour claims. Missy teams with her clients to understand their wants and needs before diving headfirst into a litigation. She strives to always provide her clients with efficient and practical solutions. She has significant trial experience and knows how best to position a case for resolution—both in and out of the courtroom.
While Missy focuses her practice on litigating cases in court, she is also a skilled advisor to clients seeking proactive solutions to employee-related questions. She frequently advises clients on severance and termination issues, performance management concerns, and trade secret and noncompete issues. She also has a niche specialty in wage and hour laws and frequently advises employers on issues relating to overtime, minimum wage, and job classifications, among others.
Missy also conducts trainings for clients and their employees on various employment law topics, including preventing sexual harassment, effectively managing employees, and wage and hour compliance. She has extensive experience conducting workplace investigations.
Prior to joining Davis Wright Tremaine, Missy worked as a litigation paralegal for Shearman & Sterling LLP in New York and as an extern for the Honorable Thomas Zilly in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington.
Victories in the courtroom
Pre-trial success with wrongful termination claims
Joint employment expertise
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 2009, summa cum laude
- Executive Editor of Lead Articles, Law Review
- National Moot Court Team: Northwest Regional Competition, 2009
B.A., Law, Jurisprudence & Social Thought, Spanish, Amherst College, 2003, magna cum laude
- Psi Upsilon Award (scholarship for scholastic excellence, community involvement)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Founding Member, Friends of the Children, King County Ambassador Board, 2011-present
- Named as one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Litigation - Labor and Employment by Best Lawyers, 2024-present
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Thomas Zilly, U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, Seattle, 2009
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine, Seattle, 2008
- Law & Corporate Affairs Summer Intern, Starbucks Coffee Company, Seattle, 2007
- Legal Assistant (Paralegal), Shearman & Sterling LLP, New York, N.Y., 2003-2006