Beatrice Nuñez-Bellamy is an experienced litigator who bridges her creativity and analytical skills to advocate passionately and persuasively on behalf of her clients. Beatrice focuses her practice on labor and employment law, representing employers facing a broad range of issues including discrimination, retaliation, and harassment claims; government investigations; and alleged violations of federal and California wage and hour laws.
With experience litigating single-plaintiff and class action matters in trial and appellate courts, Beatrice approaches her cases holistically, working hand in hand with clients to develop effective trial strategies or negotiating quick, global settlements. Beatrice enjoys collaborating with clients to ensure compliance with complicated California and federal employment laws, helping them to establish safe, inclusive, and effective work environments while avoiding unintended future litigation.
As an equally important aspect of her practice, Beatrice draws on her government and policy background to help businesses navigate compliance with public accommodations laws under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and California's Unruh Civil Rights Act. Beatrice takes time to study recent legal developments and enjoys working with clients to craft economically efficient strategies for compliance. When facing ADA complaints, Beatrice is effective at resolving such matters through both litigation and informal resolution.
Single- and multi-plaintiff employment litigation and advice
ADA public accommodation litigation and advice and counsel
Wage and hour class action matters
Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2016
U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 2011
J.D., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, 2010
- Articles Editor, California Law Review
- Articles Editor, Berkeley La Raza Law Journal
- Board Member and Fellowship Co-chair, La Raza Law Students Association
B.A., Political Science, Mass Communication Studies, University of California, Los Angeles, 2005
- Dean's List
Memberships & Affiliations
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Law Clerk, Hon. Consuelo B. Marshall, U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, 2015-2016
- Assistant Attorney General, Civil Litigation Division, Maryland Office of the Attorney General, 2012-2015
- Attorney, Civil Litigation Division, Maryland Office of the Attorney General, 2010-2012