Desktop Image: Palacios, Diana
Mobile Image: Palacios, Diana
Diana Palacios focuses her practice on media, First Amendment, and intellectual property litigation and counseling. In her practice, she works on a range of matters, including defamation, records and courtroom access, privacy, right-of-publicity, false advertising, copyright, and trademark issues. She also provides pre-publication and pre-broadcast counseling in both English and Spanish for studios, television networks, production companies, and newspapers.
Defending intellectual property and content-tort claims in state and federal courts, and has experience resolving cases through mediation and arbitration.
Pre-broadcast and production counseling and IP advice
Counseling producers and distributors of feature-length films, documentaries, television series, and video games regarding right-of-publicity, life rights, copyright, trademark, and defamation issues, often on projects that tackle sensitive topics and involve substantial fair-use issues. Representative projects include "Wild Wild Country," "Hot Girls Wanted: Turned On," "The Story of Diana," "Open House," "Rick and Morty," "@midnight," "Guy's Grocery Games," "Guy’s Big Project," "Face Off," "Easy," and "WAGS: Wives and Girlfriends of Professional Athletes."
Latin America production and distribution counseling
Advising on mitigating risks associated with filming, producing, and distributing in Latin America, including counseling on rights, pre-broadcast issues, and advertising. Representative projects include "Destino Russia," "Chumel con Chumel Torres," "Luis Miguel: La Serie," and "Nicky Jam: El Ganador."
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of California, Irvine School of Law, 2012
- Lead Article Editor and Style Editor, Law Review
- Founding Executive Editor, Voice newspaper
- President, American Constitution Society
- Women’s Law Society
- National Lawyers Guild
B.A., Politics, Pomona College, 2009
- Latina Achievement of Excellence Award
Memberships & Affiliations
- Lecturer in First Amendment, University of California, Irvine School of Law, 2018-2019
- Lecturer in Introduction to California Federal Local Rules & Filings, University of California, Irvine School of Law, 2019
- Co-author of ABA Forum on Communications Law Moot Court Competition Hypothetical, 2015
- Law Clerk, Hon. John A. Mendez, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, Sacramento, Calif., 2012-2014
- Legal Intern, National Lawyers Guild, Law Office of Carol Sobel, Santa Monica, Calif., 2010-2012
- Research Assistant to Dean Erwin Chemerinsky, 2011-2012
- Extern, Hon. Dolly Gee, U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2011
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine, Los Angeles, 2011
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.