Desktop Image: Planchon Benjamin
Mobile Image: Planchon Benjamin
Benjamin J. Planchon
Benjamin Planchon is a lawyer and paralegal who has been with the firm since 2004. He has more than 20 years of experience providing a wide range of legal services to large and small clients.
Current Practice Highlights
- Trials and Litigation: All phases, from initial research of opposing parties and counsel through trial preparation, courtroom presentation, and all work in-between, including legal research and writing assistance, document review, discovery management, deposition preparation, and preparation of transcript digests.
- Appeals: Regularly provides fact checking, cite checking, and proofreading of pin-cites and quotes. Prepares record in accordance with varying federal, state, local, and local-local rules and e-filing limitations.
- E-Discovery: From document preservation through collection, review, production, and presentation. Provides clear direction to vendors and closely monitors progress and invoicing to assure affordable quality. Frequently partners with dedicated litigation support team, DWTSYSLIT.
Historical Practice Highlights
- Corporate: Corporate formation, maintenance, and rehabilitation, including drafting of corporate governance documents and preparation of filings with state and local regulatory agencies.
- Transactional: Organization of due diligence materials, monitoring and tracking progress of review teams, and preparation of closing documentation.
- Real Estate: Review and summary of retail and telecom leases, obtains title reports and assists in review, familiarity with phased environmental assessment process.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Tulane University Law School, 1997
- Maritime Law Certificate
B.A., University Studies, Southern Illinois University, 1992
- Sponsored induction to Phi Sigma Tau
- Honor Society in Philosophy
Memberships & Affiliations
- Washington State Bar Association
- Independent pro bono representation of client in landlord/tenant litigation. Obtained dismissal of all claims against client.
- Independent pro bono research and drafting services in support of appeal of denial of asylum