Jibraun Riaz helps employers navigate litigation by mixing an aggressive style with cost-effective results. Jibraun has been primary counsel in more than 100 employment lawsuits, and chaired three trials, and he has taken hundreds of depositions, argued numerous motions, and handled all aspects of trial-level litigation in his career.
Jibraun represents employers—including in manufacturing, healthcare, transportation, and retail—in litigation by former and current employees. He defends clients in single-plaintiff and class-action matters pertaining to harassment, discrimination, retaliation, medical leave, and various wage-and-hour claims. Jibraun has experience in both state and federal courts, before the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE) and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and in labor arbitrations.
Admitted to Practice
Illinois, Inactive, 2013
District of Columbia, Inactive, 2012
J.D., University of Southern California Law School, 2011
- Hale Moot Court Honors Program
B.A., Political Science, Washington University in St. Louis, 2008
- College Honors
- Dean’s List
- Selected to a list of "Ones to Watch" in Labor and Employment Law - Management by Best Lawyers, 2021
- Received "Volunteer of the Year Award" for work in the Domestic Violence Project, Los Angeles County Bar Association, 2020
- Selected to "Southern California Rising Stars," Thomson Reuters, 2017-2020
- Associate, Winget, Spadafora & Schwartzberg, LLP, Los Angeles 2012-2016
- Attorney, Lyon Law, Long Beach, Calif., 2012
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Ronald Lew, U.S. District Court, Central District of California, Los Angeles, 2010