Sarah English Tune
Chair, National Corporate and Business Transactions Practice
Sarah Tune is a skilled business transactions attorney that thrives on balancing high-level strategy with meticulous organization to achieve success in complex transactions for her clients. Sarah brings to the table her substantive expertise, a practical mindset and a desire to help her clients achieve their broader business goals. She is a valued advisor to her clients both in the heat of a transaction and in strategic planning and structuring of their organization and important contractual arrangements.
Sarah's client base consists primarily of operating companies and investors in consumer sectors with an emphasis on food and beverage, restaurant, fitness and franchised businesses.
Sarah is also co-chair of the corporate and business transactions practice.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2000
- Executive Editor, Virginia Journal of International Law
- Dillard Fellow
B.A., French, Politics, Washington and Lee University, 1995, summa cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
Memberships & Affiliations
- Executive Committee, Davis Wright Tremaine (2012-2023; Vice Chair 2017-2018; Chair 2018-2023)
- Named one of the "Top U.S.A. Women Dealmakers" by Global M&A Network, 2021
- Named as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" by Chambers USA in Corporate/M&A (Washington), 2018-2022
- Named one of the Top Women Dealmakers in the USA by Global M&A Network, 2021
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Mergers and Acquisitions Law by Best Lawyers, 2019-present
- Named one of the "Most Influential Women in Mid-Market M&A" by Mergers & Acquisitions, 2020
- Named "Middle Market Food & Beverage Dealmaker of the Year" by The Deal, 2019
- Selected to "Washington Rising Stars," Thomson Reuters, 2005, 2007-2008, 2010-2013