Giancarlo Urey understands that, while employment cases often share similar themes or patterns, every employment case comes with its own unique challenges and opportunities. A creative and strategic trial attorney, Giancarlo collaborates with his clients to develop the most effective, cost-efficient solutions to their litigation problems.
From small family-owned companies to large multinational corporations, Giancarlo has extensive experience guiding companies as they face potentially high-exposure claims from current and former employees. His practice includes defending against claims of wage and hour violations, discrimination, retaliation, harassment, wrongful termination, defamation, and misappropriation of trade secrets. Giancarlo has significant experience trying these types of cases to successful conclusions. Through this dynamic practice, he has developed a particular focus on employment law issues unique to several industries, including medical/healthcare, financial services, hospitality, and entertainment.
Single- and multi-plaintiff employment representation
Class action and collective action representation
Defense verdict for public utilities company
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, 2009
- Development Editor, California Law Review
- Managing Editor, Berkeley La Raza Law Journal
- Co-chair, La Raza Law Students Association
B.A., Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles, 2005, magna cum laude
- Recipient of the "Freedom of Information Award," ACLU of Southern California, 2014
- Associate, Morrison & Foerster LLP, Los Angeles, 2010-2013
- Law Clerk, Hon. Bruce J. McGiverin, U.S. District Court, District of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico, 2009
- Summer Associate, Morrison & Foerster LLP, Los Angeles, 2008
- Law Student Clerk, Employment Law Division, Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, 2007