Megan concentrates her legal practice on business immigration matters relating to temporary work visas, employment-based immigration, naturalization, and consular processing. She represents U.S. and multinational companies in a wide variety of industries including energy, information technology, healthcare, media, hospitality, engineering, agribusiness, and manufacturing.
Megan also guides employers through the employment eligibility verification (Form I-9 and E-Verify) process and has skillfully defended employers in Form I-9 investigations by Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2008
- Justice Charles Z. Smith Award for Public Service
M.B.A., Western Washington University, 2004
- Bernadette Roozen Miller Scholarship for Graduate Studies, Skagit Women’s Alliance & Network
B.A., Anthropology, Spanish, Western Washington University, 2000, magna cum laude
- Presidential Scholar Award
- Distinguished Anthropology Graduate Award
Memberships & Affiliations
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Vice President, Public Service, Washington Women Lawyers
- Coach, Stanwood Camano Youth Soccer Club
- Volunteer, Adopt-a-Highway Program, Washington State Department of Transportation
- Former Member, National Verification & Worksite Enforcement Liaison Committee, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Chair, Essay Competition; Former Member, Executive Committee; Former Co-chair, Employment Focus Group Co-Chair; Former Co-chair, Citizenship Day Committee – AILA Washington Chapter
- Former Member, Board of Directors; Former Chair, North Snohomish County Board – Housing Hope
- Former Law Firm Representative, Law Firm Annual Challenge, University of Washington School of Law
- Former President, Vala Youngquist Guild, Seattle Children's Hospital Guild Association
- Former King County Trustee, Young Lawyers Division, Washington State Bar Association
- Listed as an "Associate to Watch" in Immigration (Washington) by Chambers USA, 2016-2020
- Selected to "Washington Rising Stars," Thomson Reuters, 2015-2018
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Immigration by Best Lawyers, 2020-present
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP, Seattle
- Rule 9 Intern, University of Washington Children and Youth Advocacy Clinic, Seattle
- Judicial Extern, Hon. John C. Coughenour, U.S. District Court, Seattle
- Legal Extern, King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, Civil Division, Seattle
- Administrator, Northwest Physical Therapy & Sports Rehabilitation Center, Mount Vernon, Wash.
- Assistant Director of Career Services, ITT Technical Institute, Portland, Ore.