Jaime D. Walter partners with employers to navigate state and federal employment laws in order to both prevent—and defend against—litigation. Jaime understands that, besides being costly, litigation can be stressful. As a result, Jaime continuously keeps clients abreast of litigation developments; anticipates client needs; and presents solutions, rather than only problems.
Jaime represents employers in a spectrum of litigation issues, from wage and hour class and collective actions and California Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) representative actions to defending against harassment, discrimination, retaliation, defamation, wrongful termination, and breach of contract claims, among others. Jaime has practiced not only at the trial and appellate court levels, but also before administrative agencies. She also regularly counsels clients to identify simple solutions that comply with state and federal law.
Jaime has worked with clients in a broad range of industries, including retail, food and beverage, financial services, telecommunications, technology, fitness, media, hospitality, insurance, manufacturing, entertainment, and transportation.
Settled PAGA action on individual basis
Compelled putative class action to arbitration
Won early summary judgment
Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2014
U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2012
U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2012
U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2013
J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law, 2011, magna cum laude
- CALI Award for Excellence in Research, Writing, and Analysis
- CALI Award for Excellence in Employment Law
- CALI Award for Excellence in Labor and Employment Seminar
- Articles Editor, USF Law Review
- Research Assistant to Professor Peter Honigsberg
B.S., Business Management, Arizona State University, 2005, summa cum laude
- Dean's List Award, 2001-2005
- Moeur Award
Memberships & Affiliations
- Bar Association of San Francisco, 2013-present
- Employment Attorney, Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP, San Francisco, 2011-2018
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Kathryn Werdegar, Supreme Court of California, San Francisco, 2011