Laura Warf’s practice focuses on providing transactional advice and strategy to food and beverage brands, restaurants, and other consumer companies, particularly through periods of transformational growth and change. Laura’s experience representing companies through strategic growth investments and mergers and acquisitions transactions informs and supports her general counsel work with clients at earlier stages of development. This confluence of clients allows Laura to provide efficient, pragmatic, and precise advice to private companies (and their investors) at all stages of growth. Laura’s practice also includes advising clients on the CARES Act’s debt relief provisions and other COVID-19 related challenges and opportunities.
Laura’s experience also includes the following specialties, which uniquely position her to support clients in the food, beverage, and restaurant industries as well as other consumer-facing brands: intellectual property licensing and supply chain matters, particularly to encourage brand value and integrity; transactions where both intellectual property rights and tangible assets (including real estate) play prominent roles, such as complex multi-unit franchise acquisitions and estate winery and vineyard acquisitions; and transaction structuring and advice to mitigate alcohol regulatory hurdles and delays.
Abeja Inn & Winery
Craft Brew Alliance
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Lewis & Clark Law School, summa cum laude
- Third in class
- Legislative and Administrative Review Editor; Associate Editor – Animal Law Review
B.A., Political Science, Linfield College, summa cum laude
- Senior Political Science Student of the Year
- Member, Chi Omega (chapter of the Pi Sigma Alpha National Political Science Honor Society)
- Study Abroad: Russia, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Italy
Memberships & Affiliations
- Oregon State Bar
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section (of the MBA)
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- Selected to "Oregon Rising Stars," Thomson Reuters, 2018-2019
- Law Clerk, Davis Wright Tremaine, Portland, Ore.
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine, Portland, Ore.
- Law Clerk, Office of the Federal Public Defender, District of Oregon, Portland, Ore.