Desktop Image: Cheryl Wei
Mobile Image: Cheryl Wei
Cheryl Wei represents studios, production companies, television networks, financial institutions, and other entertainment and media clients in all areas of motion picture and television development, production, financing, acquisitions, and distribution. She also provides pre-broadcast counseling to her clients.
Representing a major motion picture studio in connection with a variety of film transactions, including co-financings, negative pick-ups, and PFD and license agreements.
Representing lenders and production companies in connection with a wide range of entertainment financing transactions, including single picture, multiple picture, and television financing, revolving credit facilities, and production tax credit loans.
Production legal and development services
Providing production legal and development services for content developed, produced, or distributed by studios, production companies, television networks, and OTT providers, including the major streaming services.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of California, Davis School of Law, 2011
- Order of the Coif
- Senior Notes and Comments Editor, Law Review
B.A., Psychology, University of California, Berkeley, 2007, with honors
Memberships & Affiliations
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Los Angeles County
- Selected to "Southern California Rising Stars" in Entertainment & Sports, Thomson Reuters, 2018, 2020
- Associate, Holland & Knight LLP, San Francisco, 2011-2016
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Samuel L. Bufford, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California, Los Angeles, 2009
- Associate, Triage Consulting Group, San Francisco, 2007-2008