Elizabeth Zee has more than 20 years of experience in the entertainment industry. By listening and zeroing in on what the client needs, she is able to address those needs and deliver effective service in the matters she handles. She is creative and knows the importance of working efficiently to conclude a deal or address a problem in a timely but thorough and cost-effective manner. She likes to be easy to reach because clients often need answers right away.
She handles all types of entertainment-related transactions and matters. She enjoys working closely with her clients through the development, production, and distribution process. She is adept at analyzing chain of title, drafting and negotiating agreements of all types, e.g., option purchase agreements, production services agreements, talent agreements and license agreements, spotting potential issues before they become problems, and responding to a client’s problems or concerns, big and small.
Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia, 1980
J.D., Albany Law School, 1979, cum laude
- Lead Articles Editor, Albany Law Review
- Justinian Society
M.B.A., Harvard Business School, 1984
B.A., Anthropology, Mount Holyoke College, 1973, magna cum laude
- Attorney, The Point Media, Los Angeles, 2006-2016
- President, 1994-1996; Executive Vice President, 1993-1994 – DeForest Research Associates, Inc., Los Angeles
- Vice President, Legal Affairs, 1991-1992; Senior Attorney, 1986-1991 – Paramount Pictures Corporation, Television Division, Los Angeles
- Attorney, Paramount Pictures Corporation, Video Programming and Video Distribution, Los Angeles, 1985-1986
- Associate, Corporate Department, O’Melveny & Myers, Los Angeles, 1984-1985
- Associate, International Trade/Litigation, Baker & McKenzie, Washington, D.C., 1979-1982