Our highly experienced securities enforcement defense team features several lawyers who held senior enforcement-related positions at the Securities and Exchange Commission, including a former associate director, deputy chief litigation counsel, three former branch chiefs, and a former senior counsel in the SEC's Enforcement Division. We leverage that background, as well as insights from decades of private-practice experience defending enforcement matters, in our representation of clients facing inquiries, investigations, and civil and criminal enforcement actions.
We regularly represent both individual executives and corporate entities in matters initiated by various government agencies, and other self-regulatory organizations. We defend clients before the SEC, the Department of Justice, the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board, FINRA, and other federal and state securities and financial regulators, as well as offices of state attorneys general and local district attorneys.
SEC Investigations and Enforcements
- Represented a global bank senior executive in an SEC investigation of supervision.
- Represented the president and CEO as well as a finance executive of a private company in an SEC investigation regarding sales of private placement securities to international investors.
- Represented a leading national securities exchange in an investigation by the SEC Division of Enforcement related to exchange order type functionality, which concluded with a formal closing letter from the Division.
- Represented a senior trader of a global bank in SEC enforcement action alleging parking of securities.
- Represented a private equity firm's principal in a settled SEC enforcement matter alleging conflicts of interest and non-disclosure.
- Represented a broker-dealer in a FINRA investigation into potential information barrier violations.
- Represented a financial institution as lead counsel in a trial of an SEC administrative proceeding.
- Represented a broker-dealer and registered representative in a FINRA investigation of Outside Business Activities related to purchases of private placement securities.
- Represented a broker-dealer in a FINRA investigation concerning Large Options Position Reporting (LOPR).
- Represented a broker-dealer owner in a FINRA investigation into overseas trading and related supervisory issues.
- Represented a global bank's senior capital markets executive in a FINRA enforcement action alleging failure to establish adequate supervisory procedures.
- Represented a major broker-dealer in a FINRA investigation related to mutual fund sales practices and customer suitability.
Other Investigations and Prosecutions
- Represented an investment services company regarding the Municipalities Continuing Disclosure Cooperation Initiative (MCDC).
- Served as defense counsel for a Swiss bank in connection with the Department of Justice Program for Non-Prosecution Agreements or Non-Target Letters for Swiss Banks.
- Represented an individual criminally charged with insider trading.
Securities Enforcement: Contact Us
CAUTION - Before you proceed, please note: By clicking "submit" you agree that our review of the information contained in your e-mail and any attachments will not create an attorney-client relationship, and will not prevent any lawyer in our firm from representing a party in any matter where that information is relevant, even if you submitted the information in good faith to retain us. You also agree and understand that we may not respond to your inquiry.