Riley Lagesen of the Davis Wright Tremaine restaurant industry practice group and a panel of other knowledgeable DWT attorneys discussed how restaurant operators can manage the challenges presented by social media.
Discussion topics included:
Social Media in the Workplace
- Can you control or monitor employee use of social media?
- What can you do about disparaging e-mails or postings by employees?
- Do you need to worry about employee privacy?
- What about union organizing through social media?
Free Speech vs. Defamation
- What speech is or is not protected?
- The elements of defamation
Liability of websites for posting third-party content
- Making Social Media Work