Jenna Mooney helps client employers proactively manage employees to ensure legal compliance. She does so without losing sight of each client’s unique business goals and culture. Before becoming an attorney, Jenna cut her teeth managing employees for a retailer as a field supervisor. Because of that experience, she understands that seemingly simple employment laws often have significant impacts and unintended consequences on day-to-day business operations. Not every accommodation is reasonable. Sometimes a risky, adverse employment action is necessary. Jenna listens to understand and works with clients to find the right path for each problem presented.
Jenna works with her clients to build strong policies, training, and supporting documentation to get the best from employees and comply with the law. She partners with her clients to thoughtfully respond to HR issues as they come up and develop strategies to mitigate risk. Sometimes all that proactive work and problem-solving just isn’t enough to avoid a lawsuit or an agency charge. Jenna also defends employers when they are hit with a lawsuit or agency charge. She defends lawsuits and agency charges in state and federal courts and before state agencies and the EEOC.
Jenna is recognized by clients and peers alike for being responsive, practical, and personable. As Chambers USA reports, Jenna "attracts plaudits from an array of sources, who describe her as ‘responsive, practical, succinct and personable' as well as 'intelligent and sophisticated in her approach.'"
Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Court District of Oregon
U.S. District Court Western District of Washington
U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
J.D., University of Oregon School of Law, 1999
- Assistant Director, Moot Court Board
B.A., History, University of California, Los Angeles, 1994
Memberships & Affiliations
- Chair, 2018-2020; Board of Directors, 2009-present – Friends of the Children
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Committee Member, Fundraising Campaign, Multnomah CourtCare, 2007-2015
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Named a "Woman of Influence" by the Portland Business Journal, 2019
- Recognized as a "Flex Success Award" honoree, Diversity & Flexibility Alliance, 2016
- Named Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, 2014
- Named as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" in Labor & Employment (Oregon) by Chambers USA, 2011-2019
- Named as one of the "Best Lawyers in America" by Best Lawyers, 2014-present
- Selected to "Oregon Super Lawyers" by Thomson Reuters in Employment & Labor, 2013-2019; Selected to "Oregon Rising Stars," 2011-2012