"Keeping up with the Latest Happenings at the FCC, Capitol Hill, and Beyond: Open Internet," Davis Wright Tremaine, Webinar
By Christin S. McMeley, Michael C. Sloan, and James W. Tomlinson
As the Obama Administration winds down, the FCC has moved forward with a series of internet-related initiatives in quick succession including new rules impacting Lifeline and Open Internet and proposed privacy rules.
In this webinar we discussed the latest orders and NPRMs, how they intersect, and how the new rules and proposals will impact your business. We also discussed the reaction on Capitol Hill and an interesting regulatory matter involving Facebook and India and how it relates to the U.S.
Topics covered included:
- Privacy NPRM, presented by Christin McMeley
- Transparency and disclosure, presented by K.C. Halm and Adam Shoemaker
- Capitol Hill update, presented by Kim Bayliss and Steve Perry
- Broadband Lifeline, presented by Danielle Frappier
- Zero Rating - Facebook's India Experience and Beyond, presented by Mike Sloan
DWT Counsel Jim Tomlinson was moderator.