"Portland Employment Bootcamp," Davis Wright Tremaine, Portland, Ore.
By Jenna L. Mooney, Stuart C. Harris, Chrys A. Martin, Christie S. Totten, Sarah Ames Benedict, and Kalia J. Walker
Davis Wright Tremaine attorneys led interactive panel discussions for HR managers, supervisors and in-house counsel on pivotal workplace issues and provided strategies for appropriately and legally addressing them. Topics included:
- Increased Flexibility – Planning for mandatory paid leave, flexible scheduling, and more.
- The New Wave of Gender Issues – Responding to transgender matters and other diversity issues.
- Generational Differences – Understanding and managing communication gaps between your millennials and aging boomers.
- The Electronic Workplace – Strategically using (and not using) social media to minimize liability.
- Complying with New Laws – Examining FLSA regulations, the new minimum wage, tipping, and the recent joint employer movement.
- Compensation that Motivates – Looking beyond base salary to recruit and retain talent.
DWT attorneys provided practical tips for navigating new legal developments to help companies mitigate risks, avoid potential lawsuits and administrative complaints, and increase employee communication and satisfaction.
Davis Wright Tremaine attorneys Jenna Mooney, Stuart Harris, Chrys Martin, Christie Totten, Sarah Ames, and Kalia Walker led the program.