This program was a multi-speaker discussion on some of the upcoming challenges employers face as they transition their work forces back into California workplaces.
- How to manage health screenings and address privacy concerns.
- Re-hiring laid off employees and returning furloughed employees.
- Returning and remote worker wage and hour issues.
- Status of AB 5 and other classification issues related to reopening the workplace.
- Navigating city, county, state, and department of public health orders during reopening.
- Approaches to lawfully address situations such as requests for "hazard pay", safety concerns, and other potentially concerted activity, and employees who refuse to return to work.
- Frameworks to comply with COVID-19 laws and guidance that are:
- Hyper-localized (state, county, city, public health departments issue shutdown orders and workplace guidance)
- Heavily-regulated (every agency has something)
- Industry-specific (agencies have targeted guidance to industries)
- Frequently-updated (the guidance websites change daily/weekly)
We also spent a portion of this webinar addressing the questions submitted during registration and during the live webinar.
View the slides from this webinar.
(On-demand versions are not eligible for CLE credit.)