Human resource professionals, managers and front line supervisors please joined us for our 5th Annual Employment Law Boot Camp.
This presentation focused on new technology and how privacy laws have impacted HR best practices and how supervisors now have to manage employees differently. We provided tips on how to navigate the maze of new developments to avoid the risk of lawsuits and administrative complaints, develop and implement new policies, and increase employee engagement and communication.
We covered a range of topics, including:
- Hiring Pitfalls with Social Media
- Legalization of Marijuana and Employee Policies
- Employment Issues Related to Transgender Employees
- Managing Employees in the Brave New World of Technology (including recording in the workplace)
- Managing Ill and Injured Workers via Technology/Telecommuting as an Accommodation
- Personal Data Devices (Bring Your Own Device) and Wage and Hour Implications
- Employee Right to Use Company Email for Personal Purposes (and other NLRB cases that impact handbooks)
- Wellness Initiatives and Invasion of Privacy
- Termination Do’s and Don’ts in the High Tech World