Vandana Kapur has experience helping a range of clients navigate difficult situations in the workplace. She has counseled and defended organizations of various sizes in the healthcare, arts, film and entertainment, fitness, banking, manufacturing, technology, produce, and restaurant industries, among others, against a variety of employment law claims. She has extensive experience handling single plaintiff, representative action, and class action claims in both state and federal court.
Vandana works to understand the full range of circumstances surrounding each matter, along with the business needs and preferences of the client, to achieve the best outcome possible. She has unique expertise in effectively handling challenging and sensitive facts and situations, and enjoys partnering with clients to resolve these issues. Vandana has experience with the Fair Employment Housing Act ("FEHA"), Private Attorney General Act of 2004 ("PAGA"), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, defamation and contract law, and California Labor Code requirements.
Vandana is also a board member of the South Asian Bar Association, as well as a participant in diversity initiatives inside and outside the firm.
Single plaintiff litigation
Wage and hour litigation
Advice and counsel
Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2012
U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2018
B.A., Political Science, Minor, South and Southeast Asian Studies, University of California, Berkeley, 2006, magna cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, 2011
- Asian Pacific Islander Students Association
- South Asian Law Students Association
- El Centro Immigration Detention Clinic
Hindi, and Japanese
Memberships & Affiliations
- Co-president Elect, South Asian Bar Association of Southern California, 2019
- Clinics Co-chair, South Asian Bar Association Public Interest Foundation, 2018
- Events Co-chair, 2014; Treasurer, 2015; Social Justice Chair, 2017 – South Asian Bar Association of Southern California
- Associate, Jackson Lewis, PC, Newport Beach, Calif., 2015-2017
- Associate, Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, LLP, Costa Mesa, Calif., 2012-2014
- Graduate Fellow, American Board of Trial Advocates, Los Angeles, 2011