Benefits policies and reform are subject to rapid change. Employers of all sizes need to stay up-to-date on the latest guidance in order to maintain compliance with current laws and prepare their policies and procedures for anticipated changes. At this event, our experienced benefits attorneys are were available to inform and advise on a range of issues to help maintain a productive workplace.
New Perspectives on Guidance for Retirement Plan Sponsors
Presented by Jason Froggatt
- Plan fiduciary and administrative best practices
- DOL and IRS audit focus areas
- Approaches to correcting plan errors
Presented by Rich Birmingham and Christine Hawkins
- Fiduciary investment and fee litigation
- Employer stock drop claims
- Subrogation after medical liability settlement
- Current class action trends and forecast
Changes to the IRS Determination Letter Program
Presented by Amy Hwang
- When can a plan obtain a determination letter?
- What are the consequences for employers?
- Updated IRS guidance regarding required plan changes
More Health and Welfare Adventures
Presented by Dipa Sudra
- ACA update
- Wellness update
- HRAs for small employers
- Managing the risk of cyberattacks
Hardships and Hurricanes
Presented by Robin Andrews
- New IRS audit guidelines for hardship withdrawals
- Relief measures from this year's hurricane season
A Look Into the Crystal Ball
Presented by Jeff Belfiglio & Stuart Harris
- Fiduciary rule delayed 18 months—but still in effect!?
- “Rothified” 401(k) plans and other tax reform impacts
- Pending DOL and IRS rules delayed by Trump administration
- Termination, annuitization, and other DB plan trends
- Access for small employers: open MEPs, state-sponsored IRAs