"Restaurant High AP Sessions 2020: Come Out and Play," Davis Wright Tremaine Webinar
Like the latest fashion, amidst a spreading disease, governments around the country are inviting diners to come out and play….as long as restaurant owners keep 'em separated. Is it too early to call Dexter Holland of one of our favorite hard rocking 90s bands, The Offspring, a tatted-up spiky-haired Nostradamus of our generation? We think not! Enjoy a little flashback here.
One thing is certain, the country is starting to appreciate the value of restaurants and lawmakers are beginning to understand the issues faced by our industry. We have the momentum. This is the time.
This week's agenda included:
- SB 939: Giving Restaurants the Right to Terminate Leases in California: Join Gwyneth Borden, founder of Ground Floor Experiences, and California Senator Scott Wiener to discuss this dynamic and controversial legislation.
- A Field Trip with Chef JJ Johnson: Join James Beard Award winner, chef JJ Johnson, for a conversation on how his New York-based concept Field Trip is making a positive impact on the community and his plans to grow his critically-acclaimed fast casual brand.
- A Bird's Eye View from Cooper's Hawk Founder & CEO, Tim McEnry: Cooper's Hawk redefined the restaurant and wine experience for millions prior to the pandemic; hear from Tim how the business is evolving to meet the needs of customers in this new world.
- CARES Act Updates: Guidance on Forgiveness, presented by Liz Lam and Landes Taylor, Davis Wright Tremaine
- People and Labor Issues: Aaron Colby, Janet Grumer, Roy Salins, Jenna Mooney, and Gillian Murphy, Davis Wright Tremaine
Moderator: Riley Lagesen, National Restaurant Industry Group Practice Chair