"Promoting and Enhancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Workplace...Without Breaking the Law," Davis Wright Tremaine Webinar
The past year brought issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the workplace to the forefront of the national conversation. Our attorneys and a distinguished panel of guest speakers discussed where we have been, where we are going, and how your organization can support DEI efforts in its workforce.
This event features two parts. First, our attorneys presented on the DEI landscape, including:
- A look back at 2020
- A look forward to 2021
- Defining workplace harassment
- DEI in the workplace: communication; caucusing & affinity groups; trainings; hiring and promotion goals; and policy considerations
This presentation was followed by a panel discussion in which our guest speakers provided real world insights on questions, like:
- Where have DEI efforts been successful?
- What are the challenges to incorporating DEI efforts in the workplace?
- How have these challenges been overcome?
- Michael Byun, Executive Director, Asian Counseling and Referral Service
- Jasmine E. Simmons, Senior Counsel, Kaiser Foundation Health Plan Inc.
- Karen Y. Teragawa, Senior Counsel, Kaiser Foundation Health Plan Inc.
- Yusuf Zakir, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Davis Wright Tremaine
(On-demand versions are not eligible for CLE credit.)