32nd Annual Employment Law Seminar, Davis Wright Tremaine, Seattle
The landscape continues to shift: new restrictions on background checks, implementation of health care reform, battles over the NLRB, and dealing with the challenges of a multi-generational workforce. In this seminar, Davis Wright Tremaine provides HR professionals, managers, and in-house counsel the latest updates and best practical advice.
New Approaches to the Interactive Process
Presented by Gillian Murphy, Associate
- Managing performance concerns and the reasonable accommodation process at the same time
- Using (but not overusing) fitness for duty exams effectively
- Next steps when you are out of options
Seattle's New Criminal Background Legislation: Avoiding Pitfalls and Missteps
Presnted by Joseph P. Hoag and Jennifer Berry, Associates
- When is it safe for an employer to inquire about an applicant's criminal background?
- When is it appropriate for an employer to take adverse action against a current or prospective employee because of his or her criminal conduct?
- Are there exceptions to the new rules?
The NLRB is Back in Session: What's Next?
Presented by Henry Farber, Partner and Chair, Firmwide Employment Practice, and Kelsey Sheldon, Partner
- Will we see full implementation of ambush election rules, NLRB posters, and other new regulations?
- Will the NLRB continue expanding its oversight of non-union workplaces?
- Will union organizing be revived by micro-units and limits on campaign speech?
Play or Pay? Delayed!
Presented by Sarah Bhagwandin, Of Counsel
How to prepare for the Play or Pay rules in 2015 - Issues to consider for avoiding penalties
- What new guidance under ACA should we expect in the next 12 months?
- What ACA requirements are not delayed?
Are Employment Arbitration Agreements Advisable?
Presented by Mike Killeen and Sheehan Sullivan, Partners
- Recent cases upholding class action waivers have made employment arbitration agreements an attractive option
- What are the pros and cons of the arbitration process?
- In what circumstances are arbitration agreements a good risk management strategy?
Year in Review: 2013
Presented by Mark Berry, Partner
- New statutes, regulations, and guidance
- Latest court decisions
- Upcoming issues
Embracing Generational Diversity
Presented by Chris De Santis