In case you missed it—or if you want to revisit the session—we have posted a recording of our April 26, 2023, webinar titled "Conducting Informative Risk Assessments." You can view the recording here. We were pleased to jointly host this webinar with co-panelist Matthew Mitchell, Cyber Consulting Leader at Mandiant (now part of Google Cloud).
The panelists discussed common shortcomings of many risk assessments and provided strategies companies can use to make their risk assessments clearer and more effective. Topics included:
- The benefits of conducting a cyber risk assessment
- Legal requirements for conducting cyber risk assessments
- Common reasons why some risk assessments fail to produce much value
- Strategies for conducting better risk assessments through the use of data classification, data/systems mapping, and threat modeling
- Ways to make risk assessment programs iterative and to improve them over time
Security in Practice Webinar Series
This was the second installment in DWT's Security in Practice webinar series—a series we launched to provide practical guidance for tackling common legal and strategic issues in information security and incident preparedness. Topics of future Security in Practice webinars will include managing third-party risks, developing effective incident response plans, and engaging the board of directors on cybersecurity issues.