Products Counseling Team
Your cutting-edge products and services are connected and cross-disciplinary—and increasingly affected by novel regulatory and policy issues. Your legal team should be as well versed in your products as you are, with full knowledge of potential legal traps you may face traversing today's regulatory landscape. We boast precisely this mix. Our experienced team of lawyers has the cross-disciplinary skills needed to address your thorniest problems—and even spot the ones you didn't know you had.
- Market research/competitive analysis
- Testing/Beta/Early Access/NDAs
- Third-party collaborations
- NUX/OOBE/FTUE issues
- Analysis of licensing obligations and obtain licenses, where necessary
- Draft end-user terms, including to address high-risk or highly regulated uses
End-of-Life/ Deprecation Support
- Ensuring compliance with existing regulations
- Advocating before regulators about novel issues raised by cutting-edge products
- Monitoring regulatory proceedings and filing comments on proposed regulations
- Defending clients in regulatory investigations and audits
We work with our clients daily to maximize the business value of data in a complex regulatory environment while minimizing information risk across the product and customer relationship lifecycle.
We tailor our advice to each client by developing a strategy that streamlines disparate compliance obligations. Through hardening systems, we help clients prevent or mitigate cyberattack.
- Assisted Fortune 100 client with regulatory issues involved in marketing video communications product to highly regulated commercial customers.
- Represented client in rulemaking proceeding on Section 230 liability.
- Represent users of WeChat in challenging the legality of the federal government's efforts to ban the WeChat app.
- Advised large telecommunications provider on developing an app for parents to track their children.
- Advised financial services provider on how to approach an RFP by a federal government agency to provide financial data to that entity.
- Advised large technology company's development of communications platform as a service (CPaaS), including technology, telecommunications, and privacy and security advice for partner and customer contracts.
- Assisted large technology company with the launch of first and second generation teleconferencing devices and software.
- Advised client on out-of-box-experience for a new consumer device, including packaging requirements and new user onboarding screens.
- Assisted large technology company in developing go-to-market and communications plan for new XR consumer devices.
- Assisted FinTech provider with the roll out of a contactless, closed-loop cashless payment solution for U.S. sports clubs and their fans.
- Advised large U.S. bank with the structuring and negotiation of a series of collaboration and services agreements with large technology company to provide consumer bank accounts and related services through the technology company's applications and interfaces.
- Advised large U.S. banks and credits unions with API licensing and data access agreements with data aggregators, including advising on the ever changing regulatory framework applicable to these activities.
- Assisted biotech therapeutics and vaccine developer and manufacturer with clinical trial agreements and related agreements for the procurement of medical devices and clinical support.
- Assisted large communications company launch multiple wearable devices navigate various licensing schemes, including alarm system licensing, healthcare licensing, and veterinary care licensing.
- Assisted start-up determine licensing obligations for UV disinfection device.
- Advised multiple large technology companies on state licensing obligations for telehealth and televet apps.